Our Terms & Conditions – Please Read
- In these terms and conditions.
- ‘Company’ means Phoenix Timber Buildings Ltd.
- ‘Customer’ means the person or organization engaging the Company’s services.
- ‘Building’ means the structure and all related goods and services supplied by the company.
- ‘Groundwork’ means any work done to the base, removal of existing buildings, ground clearing etc.
- ‘Shell building’ means the building before any structural alterations or accessories have been added.
- ‘Subcontractor’ means any outside party carrying out works on the building, either through recommendation of the Company or by choice of the customer.
- The headings in these conditions are for case of reference only and do not affect the interpretation of the Conditions.
- A 20% DEPOSIT is payable to secure the order for production.
- DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE except for as detailed in iii. Below.
- Should you require planning permission, and want to secure your order, we will take the 20% deposit on the understanding that if permission is rejected you will receive a full refund from us.
- The final 80% payment is payable with cleared funds being received by the company the DAY PRIOR to DELIVERY and ERECTION.
- Should all works be completed same day, the two payments will be due as one payment.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that the site is both accessible and suitable for delivery and erection.
- The customer must advise at time of ordering of any access restrictions including, but not limited to walls, fences, hedges, long distances from access roads and any height restrictions.
- Should the site be deemed unsuitable by the Company, e.g. base provided is not square and level, WE WILL NOT erect the building and the building will be left on a self- assembly basis.
- Alternatively, we can arrange for a new date to be agreed to re-visit and erect at a charge of 20% of the order price.
- Prior to the erection of the building the Company WILL NOT undertake any major groundwork, the removal of any existing building from the site or provide a concrete base and brick course for a garage or car port or if this is the preferred base of the customer. The Company will provide a pads / stilts and subframe base as described in the Company’s literature.
- If you have prepared the ground, or have had the ground prepared on your behalf and wish us to check the suitability before the delivery date, this can be arranged for a fee of £40 per hour with a minimum charge of one hour.
- Title to the building remains the property of the Company until all payments are made.
- Whilst the company endeavors to meet all quoted delivery dates and times, they are subject to change without notice.
- Delivery will not take place until the building design has been confirmed by the customer. This must take place at least 4 weeks before a prospective delivery date to enable the company to schedule the building construction in our workshop. Delivery will not take place until all components of the building are available [see v. below].
- The company reserves the right to extend the completion date where it deems necessary and cannot guarantee a specific delivery time.
- When the building is going to have a proper tiled roof installed, the company will fit the doors and windows after the roof has been completed and the building has settled.
- The Company will install customer supplied UPVC double glazed doors and windows.
- However, the Company WILL NOT install customer supplied alternative types of doors and windows, i.e. wood or aluminum. The customer will need to arrange with their supplier for the installation.
- All buildings are guaranteed against rot of timber for five years, providing the building has been treated as recommended.
- The company provides a two-year call-out cover against faulty parts and workmanship.
- Phoenix accepts no responsibility for damage caused by adverse weather conditions.